Monday, June 3, 2013

For Your Inspiration: Campaign Fatigue


Campaign Fatigue By Raymond Tyler

 So today is the day before election day and here I sit with another full blown case of Campaign Fatigue.

For the last several weeks I have explained to friends, family, colleagues and anyone that would listen that I was not taking sides in the upcoming Atlantic City Election.

The quick is answer as to why I refused to take sides is because (truthfully) politicians in AC and their supporters take almost everything personally.

I will discuss that and the longer answers tomorrow as I call for healing to begin.

_______________________
No matter who wins as mayor, city council, and other offices, I hope I will maintain the great working and professional relationships we have today.
Though, I realize I have no control over how the winners will view me professionally and I have less control over who will actually be in the big chairs this time next year.

What I can control is doing what I can to be able to walk up to the great people that are running and shake their hands and know there is "NO MUD" on my hands. 

I can also know that if we work together moving forward or not, I don't owe anything nor am I owned anything.

I will continue to prey that God continues finds favor with me. I will pray God continues to bless my hard work with opportunities.

________________________________

The nasty things that have been said about everyone that is running for office is what has really let me down and sometimes made me ashamed as someone born in Atlantic City. I also have dropped my head because I have worked with so many of the people on both sides of The Democratic Party and some of those in The Republican Party. Over the years these great men and women have helped my business to do things like get school supplies into the hands of needy children, get clothes and food to people effected by Sandy and I am coming up on my 5 year of collecting new toys for needy kids at Christmas.
_______________________
BEFORE YOU VOTE
  • In the past 365 days.  What businesses meant the most to your community, your family and you personally? Are you supporting them? Chances are, they may be in need of the same help and energy that you infuse into the election hype. Chances are they will continue to be  a source of help for you the next 365 days.
  • Develop a NON ELECTION PLAN. The one thing that the political process has taught me is that I don't respect many that wait for an election to help.
  • ELECT YOURSELF. No one in city hall or in council chambers or in Trenton will work as hard for you and YOU. Nor should they. IF YOU THINK CITY HALL OR TRENTON IS THE REASON WHY YOU HAVEN'T SUCCEEDED? You are wrong. We can argue has to whether they can help more. However, the government should not have the last word on YOUR ACHIEVEMENT.
  •  Ask yourself have YOU done EVERYTHING, SOMETHING, ANYTHING to help fix what's broke in your community? If the answer is no? NOTHING WILL CHANGE ON ELECTION DAY. 
___________________
 
I wish everyone running luck.
I wish nothing but the best for Atlantic City, New Jersey and America.
___________________________

ADVERTISEMENT
________________________
 
Advertisement
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment