Wednesday, June 17, 2015

An Open Letter to People Upset With Rachel Dozal

Make Sure Your House Isn't Glass
 
 
Dear People Upset With Rachel Dolezal,

I have enjoyed the memes and even posted a couple.

I have not however, officially commented.
 
Honestly, I do not have enough information to go on.
 
This is what I do know.

For years, I have called for "white" people to DO more than just say "I'm not racist."

From what I know, you have to do more than say "I'm not racist" to become the president of a chapter of The NAACP.
 
So here is my simple request.

If you are upset with Rachel Dolezal?

Then I hope you are a dues paying and active member of a organization that is working for the betterment the human race.

I hope if you have kids? I hope that you are an active member of their school board.

My bigger problem is that I would venture most of the people mad at her...have not worked half as hard to advance themselves much less other people of color.

I do not care whether Miss Dolezal is white or black ....only that she fights for what she believes in.

Should we look into and discuss whether or not she lied?
Of course.

However, if we are going to check her...we also need to check ourselves.

_________________________
Please support our sponsors






 

No comments:

Post a Comment